the ruby slipper cocktail
- fresh ginger root, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 oz high west silver oat whiskey
- 1½ oz tawny port
- clear creek douglas fir eau de vie rinse
- 1/4 oz real grenadine
- angostura bitters
- ginger slice
rinse the inside of the glass with the douglas fir eau de vie. muddle the ginger in the oat whiskey using ½ inch cubes, sieve into shaker with the rest of the ingredients.
homemade carrot brandy.
- 2½ oz carrot brandy *
- ½ oz tangelo or tangerine juice
- ¼-½ oz fresh ginger juice (add a bit more if you enjoy the tingly burn)
- ¼ oz honey syrup (1:1 h20 -> honey)
- rhubarb bitters
- 1 750ml bottle of christian brothers frost white brandy
- 1 large fresh carrot, sliced thin (~ <3mm). enough to fill a mason jar 1/2 full.
- 1 large (1 qt) mason jar
slice the carrots and toss them into the mason jar. cover to the top with brandy. let sit in a cool, dark place for 2 weeks & give the jar a good shake daily. bam. carrot brandy.